Monday, April 8, 2013

Umbrella

   The song Umbrella by Rihanna is about her and a boy. At one point in the song Rihanna says "Baby 'cause in the dark, you can't see shiny cars And that's when you need me there". What I interpreted from this phrase was that she would be there in the times he (whoever she is talking about or to) needed her the most. Rihanna later says "Because when the sun shines, we'll shine together Told you I'll be here forever". What I thought she meant when saying this was that when they are happy they will be together. Also even if they are going through a rough time she will be there.
  During the chorus when Rihanna says "Now that it's raining more than ever Know that we'll still have each other You can stand under my umbrella". When she says this it means that whoever needs her more than ever she will be there to help or at least offer it.


1 comment:

  1. I thought that you had a very interesting interpretation of the lyrics, Tyler. However, I think you may have forgotten to include techniques we discussed about poetry. Overall, though, I thought that you had a very developed analysis.

    ReplyDelete