Sunday, January 13, 2013

_Stolen_ response

    This week I started reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher. This book is a lot like the movie Taken except for a few differences. The main character has been stolen by a boy named Ty. The girl who is stolen goes by the name Gemma. which is a rather peculiar name. She has been stolen at the airport and has been taken by Ty to a foreign land. Gemma does't know where or how they got there
    On the cover of the book there is a butterfly and at the top of every new chapter there is one as well. So far the author hasn't mentioned anything about these delicate creatures but as I dive deeper into this book I thing they will be significant to the plot. I honestly don't know why Ty has stolen Gemma but I guess I will find that out as I read more.

Stolen

1/8- 10 min (page 1-6)
1/9- 45 min (page 6-39)
1/11- 20 min (pages 39-52)
1/13- 70 min (pages 52-108)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book Tyler! I like your comparison to the movie taken and analysis of the butterfly symbol. Maybe it symbolizes renewal? Metamorphosis? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler this sound like a great book and seems really enjoyable. The butterfly sounds like it's going to have a good part in this book as you read more into it.

    ReplyDelete