Wednesday, March 13, 2013

expectations

    Tambu is expected of many things wherever she goes, but she has different ones depending on if she is at the homestead or at the Mission. She is sometimes tied down with the overwelming emotions that come with her responsibilities and expectations,
    At the homestead if Tambu wants something clean she has to do it herself. For example when she goes home the toilet is dirty. She tells her mom that it is; and she replies by saying, "if you want it clean then clean it yourself. At my home I have to do the occasional chores like feed my dog or make up my bed, but I have never cleaned the toilet. I always have to keep my room tidy and be polite to my family and elders.
    At the Mission, Babamukuru has a maid, Anna, who does most of the chores. Tambu still has to be well mannered and keep her areas clean. Tambu has to stay alert and smart in school. She also has to stay out of trouble so Babamukuru wont be upset with her. At my school I have to uphold the Honor code and that pretty much is set and stone your expectations for school.
     When Tambu doesn't live up to her expectations there are consequences. For example she doesn't want to go to the wedding so she gets 15 lashes. Also along with this Babamukuru gives Anna 2 weeks off and make Tambu take her chores.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job comparing your situation to Tambu's. Tambu is a very lifelike and relatable character.

    ReplyDelete