Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Litteracy Narrative

  In the beginning process of brainstorming for this narrative I was a little stumped. I thought to myself I honestly haven't read or written anything that has impacted my perspective on the subject. Then I remembered the Story Corps essay we wrote in 7th grade. Immediately I started remembering about that paper. I got excites, I was ready to start writing.
 Starting the narrative I thought about the sample narrative we read in class. With this in mind I began typing a vivid opening sentence. It was a flashback. Then as the process of writing the first draft went on I thought about adding in direct quotes and the short sentences to end. I got so caught up in the actually story that I forgot we had to tie the essay back to how it influenced our reading and writing life. Now this took me some time. I realize that it's only the first draft so it wont be perfect, but I finally think I got it.

2 comments:

  1. Tyler, sounds like you're gonna have a good Literacy Narrative! I'm having the same problem- telling the story too much and forgetting about the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also felt stumped when trying to come up with an idea. I just can’t remember anything anymore. Maybe it has to do with the time that I walked into the tree.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete